- Applicable for BMW engines S65B40
- Standard clearance (+0.001's also available)
- Sold as complete set (8-cylinders)
Designed and manufactured by Clevite to BE Bearing specifications.
These bearings replace the factory BMW rod bearings. The original BMW bearings have too little clearance, which leads to premature bearing wear and can cause early engine failure. Furthermore, the factory BMW bearings are made from tin-aluminum which are 5-times harder than a softer lead-copper bearing design. A softer bearing is better for your engine and more tolerant of foreign particles suspended in your oil.
These BE Bearings feature a state-of-the-art Clevite Tri-Metal design with the Clevite Tri-Armor(tm) coating.
- Lead-copper design for greater durability and easy tracking with oil analysis like Blackstone (recommended).
- Designed with extra clearance to "fix" the BMW rod bearing design flaw.
- Designed for use with factory 10W60 weight oils.
- Tri-Armor coated for low conditions during cold start
- Ideal for start-stop vehicles
- Standard Size
Optional Add on :
BE Rod Bolts
Designed by BE Bearings, manufactured by ARP. These custom made rod bolts are designed to be used on BMW factory connecting rods. BE Bearings worked with ARP to come up with custom rod bolt torque specifications to ensure minimal rod big end bore distortion. Our bolts have been measured and verified to guarantee minimal bore distortion, and stay within the ARP torque specification.
|Yield strength||200,000 PSI|
|Tensile strength||220,000 PSI|
|Torque specification||50 Ft/Lbs, or 0.0065-0.0070 inch stretch|
Items may be back ordered - If back ordered you will be contacted and placed in a que
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.